After posting this on Facebook: “I want to stop doing (most of) what I’m doing so I could finally start doing what I want to do.”
Someone asked me: “Like what?”
And then I gave myself a couple of days (!) to reflect and answer that question as simple and as direct as possible. I came up with this:
All I really want to do for the rest of my life are these (in order of importance for me):
1. Pursue art (drawing, painting, street painting, photography). My ultimate dream is to become a street visual artist! Oh c’mon, just let me paint on walls!
2. Travel the world, experience, explore, share and love!
3. Contribute to the healing of others (in what way, I still don’t know).
4. Keep on writing (poetry, essays, screenplays).
5. Create solo film projects: documentary and experimental.
That would be all I want to do for the rest of my life. I have already laid out the picture of what my authentic life looks like.
Well for the past years I’ve been involved in many interrelated and multidisciplinary fields. None of which was a waste of time. All of those helped me become the person who I am today with the kinds of skills and dreams I wish to pursue. Actually, I’ve already began doing all of those. I just have to create enough space in my life to focus on them.
Dear Universe, if it’s meant to be please help me make it happen. Please let it be.